Translate

25 mar 2014

My Philosophy of Education



Holistic-Individualistic-awaking education

The purpose of my philosophy is to produce changes in the way students think . Guide them, in order to become awaked people, let them know what are their strengths and weaknesses, what their skills are, and how they can grow by themselves using every stimuli of the environment as a something possitive and meaningful. I want to teach for waking up the mind of my students, their natural curiosity and hunger of wisdom and knowledge. I will try to show students the forces that move society.

My personal philosophy will be a mix of distinct philosophies (social constructionism, existentialism, progressivism, a little bit of essentialism and perennialism). I want to take the best of each one, adjust it to reality and create my own philosophy.

I believe the curriculum of schools should be chosen by students. Also, we should not forget all teachers, parents, politicians (everybody) have been students, we have forgotten what it feels to be forced to learn things you don´t want to or just to be taught in an inappropriate way. Everyone have to be involved with the education and think what´s best for children and teenagers. In order to accomplish it we have to think as if we were one of them.


Pablo Castillo

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario